Skip to main content
- Hot air balloon template
- Color printer
- Card stock
- Glue dots
- Print and cut out the hot air balloon stencil and basket pieces.
- Use the balloon stencil to trace and cut out six balloon shapes on card stock. This will create one full balloon when the steps below are followed.
- Fold each balloon shape down the middle.
- Apply three glue dots to the top, middle, and bottom of the inner fold of one balloon shape.
- Place a second folded balloon shape’s outer folded edge inside of the first, glued balloon shape, and press the middle folds down to ensure a strong hold.
- Repeat step 5 until all pieces are stacked and connected along their middle lines.
- Once firmly secure, one side of the cluster should be a fully rounded 3D balloon shape when it is opened. The other side should be flat like the back of an open book.
- Next, take the basket, and fold each tab and flap inward along the dotted lines.
- Tape each tab to the flap next to it to hold the basket together.
- Tape two straws in the two back corners of the basket.
- Attach the basket to the wall using painter’s tape.
- Tape the balloon to the wall so it covers the tops of the straws.
- As a finishing touch, cut out cloud shapes or even a sun to complete the scene.
- Sit in the basket and pretend they’re sailing through the sky on a hot air balloon adventure!
Legal [General, 2]